3rd Fusion HPC Workshop
It is our pleasure to host the 3rd Fusion HPC Workshop as an online event on December 15-16, 2022.
This workshop follows the virtual 2nd Fusion HPC Workshop, which took place on December 2-3, 2021, and attracted 234 registrations from all over the world.
This workshop covers all computer applications using High Performance Computing (HPC) in the field of fusion research. These include, but are not limited to, numerical simulations in the following areas:
- Energy and particle transport
- Multi-physics modelling
- Plasma turbulence and related transport processes
- Plasma hydrodynamics including linear, nonlinear and/or extended MHD
- Plasma instabilities
- Edge and plasma-material interactions
- Heating, fueling and current drive
- Laser-plasma interactions
- Fast particle physics and burning plasma issues
- Scenario development and control
- Fusion reactor materials
- Fusion reactor technology
The language of the workshop will be in English and it will be open to all.
There will be keynote, invited and contributed presentations. The abstract submission opens on July 18, 2022 and closes on October 7, 2022 at 1pm CEST.
New this year! Early Career participants will receive expert reviewer feedback with an opportunity for recognition of outstanding presentations.
Similar to the process for last year’s Special Issue in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion journal, selected presentations will be invited, by mutual agreement, to submit a journal paper after the workshop to a special issue published in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion (IOP).
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the workshop!
The Fusion HPC Workshop Organization Committee