The HPC Fusion Workshop is an annual event created in 2020 to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration on computing applications using High-Performance Computing (HPC) in the field of fusion.
Since its first edition, the event has brought together more than 585 people from all over the world, who have had the opportunity to delve into areas such as:
- Energy and particle transport
- Multi-physics modelling
- Plasma turbulence and related transport processes
- Plasma hydrodynamics including linear, nonlinear and/or extended MHD
- Plasma instabilities
- Edge and plasma-material interactions
- Heating, fueling and current drive
- Laser-plasma interactions
- Fast particle physics and burning plasma issues
- Scenario development and control
- Fusion reactor materials
- Fusion reactor technology
If you’re interested in reviewing presentations and recordings of past talks, you can access the websites of previous workshop editions through the following links:
- 3rd Fusion HPC Workshop – December 15-16, 2022
- 2nd Fusion HPC Workshop – December 2-3, 2021
- 1st Spanish Fusion HPC Workshop – November 27, 2020
Every year, we invite all participants to submit a journal paper after the workshop to a special issue published in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion (IOP).
We invite you to check out the special issues corresponding to previous editions of the event!