2nd Fusion HPC Workshop
It is our pleasure to host the 2nd Fusion HPC Workshop as an online event with Zoom on December 2-3, 2021.
This workshop follows the virtual 1st Spanish Fusion HPC Workshop, which took place on November 27, 2020 and attracted 183 registrations from all over the world.
This workshop covers all computer applications using High Performance Supercomputing (HPC) in the field of fusion research. These include, but are not limited to, numerical simulations in the following areas:
- Energy and particle transport
- Multi-physics modelling
- Plasma turbulence and related transport processes
- Plasma hydrodynamics including linear, nonlinear and/or extended MHD
- Plasma instabilities
- Edge and plasma-material interactions
- Heating, fueling and current drive
- Laser-plasma interactions
- Fast particle physics and burning plasma issues
- Scenario development and control
- Fusion reactor materials
- Fusion reactor technology
The workshop is organized under the auspices of the Spanish Supercomputing Network (RES). The language of the workshop will be in English and it will be open to all.
There will be keynote, invited and contributed orals. The abstract submission opens on July 19, 2021 and closes on
September 24, 2021 September 27, 2021 at 1pm CEST (extended deadline).
Similar to the process for last year´s Special Issue in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion journal, selected presentations will be invited, by mutual agreement, to submit a journal paper after the workshop to a special issue published in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion (IOP).
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the workshop!
The Fusion HPC Workshop Organization Committee